Saturday, February 13, 2021

Deer Track, February 10, 2021

 


Deer Track, February 10, 2021 (mp3) (pdf)

We are in the middle of a brutal cold spell here in northeast Iowa. It's been a week of subzero nights and there are at least three more double-digit below zero nights ahead of us. Next Saturday we might see a high temp of 30 degrees. Today's high was around -2, it's -8 now at 7:00 p.m.

Good weather for writing tunes though and I have written several recently. Today, however, we meet a new Deer Track piece from a few days ago. I really like this one, even though I know that these aren't everyone's cup of tea. I like where it's path leads me and it's a pleasure to actually play.

I'll try and get a couple of more conventional tunes recorded soon but this one is a good fit for tonight's weather. The photo above is from a couple of weeks ago when the temperature was much more comfortable. I was on the Ice Cave Road looking down over the Upper Iowa River.

Wherever you are, if it's cold, I wish you a warm fire. If it's warm already then I hope you appreciate it! I'm certainly grateful for our furnace tonight.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.