Thursday, January 21, 2021

Heavens On Earth (virtual CMSA En Masse Orchestra)

 


Heavens On Earth - CMSA 2020

From January 2007: 
I shared the above video of the members of the Classical Mandolin Society of America En Masse Orchestra presenting a virtual performance of my mandolin orchestra piece Heavens On Earth on Facebook a week or so ago and, so far, it's been watched over 2,000 times. I thought I should put it into this blogpost also, just for the record.

It's an amazing virtual performance, conducted by Jim Bates and very artfully created by Jeff Brumley. We've all seen these Zoom type videos in the last few months but Jeff (along with all of the great musicians involved) created a first class presentation. I am so honored that my piece was used and it's one of the best performances of it ever.

Once again I am also presenting a couple of tunes from the early days of this blog for your consideration. "Ekin Avenue" and "Winter Leaves" both appear on my 2011 CD Mandolin Tunes and are still a couple of my favorites. If you haven't heard them in a while, or ever, take a minute and check them out.

In other news, I am honored also to have a piece of mine for solo mandolin included in Marilynn Mair's new Mel Bay publication The Complete Mandolinist, Volume 2. My Sonata in L(ou) was written for former CMSA President Lou Chouinard and appears in this new book alongside works by some of my favorite composers. I highly recommend the book.

Stay safe.



No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.