Sunday, September 20, 2020

Three to Get Ready

 


Three to Get Ready (mp3) (pdf)

"Well, it's one for the money, two for the show ..."

Last week I had a dream and this verse from Carl Perkins' immortal "Blue Suede Shoes" popped up. There was no reference to the song in the dream, just the first three lines of the nursery rhyme with an emphasis on the "three to get ready." When I recalled the dream I figured I had a good title for a tune.

I wrote most of this tune the next morning, still without Blue Suede Shoes intruding, and did a little tinkering the next day or two. I had an unusual amount of trouble getting a recording I can live with but I like what I'm sharing here. I hope you enjoy it.

The photo comes from a walk near Decorah's Phelps Park taken earlier this week. There is a trail that runs above the Dug Road Trail which features several classic WPA style bridges, steps and markers. Many thanks to the young workers from so long ago who created this path and to the men and women who have maintained it all these years for our public use. Our tax dollars at work.




No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.