Sunday, June 13, 2021

Assisi Heights

 

Assisi Heights (mp3) (pdf) (pdf harmony)

Shortly after we arrived in Decorah, Iowa, in the summer of 1994, I was driven off to Rochester, MN to participate in a Luther College all faculty retreat at a place called Assisi Heights. This was a wonderful experience for me, especially given my lifelong interest in St. Francis and all things Franciscan. 

I haven't returned there for a lengthy visit since 1994 but I always look off towards the site as I drive by on my way to and from the Twin Cities. It always does me good.

I really like this tune and I've had it for several months. Erik, Patrice and I gave it a world premiere at the Decorah Farmers Market just over a week ago and I discovered a few more changes I needed to make. I hope now it's a finished piece but I never know for certain.

In any event I hope you enjoy it and that it brings a little Franciscan moment into you day.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.