Monday, December 14, 2020

Ten Easy Duos, no. 8

 


Ten Easy Duos, no. 8 (mp3) (pdf)

Back in 2017 I wrote a little duo for two mandolins. At a loss for a title I foolishly called it "Ten Easy Duos, no. 1", thinking I would just toss off a few more in the next few days. Now, years later, that "Ten" has become something of an albatross.

I have posted nos. 1,2,3, and 6 on this blog but nos. 4,5,7 have yet to be completed, or maybe even started. I do, however, have no. 8 here today. Who knows when, or if, there will be more.

In any event, I had fun writing this one and fun recording it. Find a duo partner and see what you think. As usual, I leave things like dynamics and fingerings up to the player. Have some fun with it. Or you can just play along with my version.

The photo above was taken last week along the Upper Iowa River, near where the stream from Dunning's Spring enters. We are facing upriver towards the College Drive bridge.



No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.