Sunday, January 12, 2020

Ordaining Trees


Ordaining Trees (mp3) (pdf)

This week's tune mostly precedes our move to Iowa back in 1994. It was played a few times in a slightly different form way back when but I think I finally settled on the final notes a few months ago. It had always been an E minor tune but I realized that it really wanted to be in D minor and that sealed the deal. Don't ask about the title, I haven't a clue but I'm sure that it seemed right at the time.

We are off in a few minutes to hear a house concert featuring our friends Beth Rotto and Ann Streufert playing Scandinavian tunes on twin fiddles and other instruments up in Lanesboro, MN. It'll be great.

Last night in Adelaide, Australia my early mandolin orchestra piece "The Louisville Suite" (actually my first mandolin orchestra piece from back in the 80s) was performed in concert by the orchestra formed at the FAME (Federation of Australasian Mandolin Ensembles) 2020 Festival. I've seen the video and I'm very honored and pleased by their performance. The Mandolin World is a very friendly place.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.