Sunday, July 08, 2012

St. Anthony returns


St. Anthony and the Fishes Duo (computer mp3)(pdf)

This tune first appeared in this blog back in the summer of 2008. It returns today with a newly written second part suitable for any two treble clef instruments, so long as one of those instruments can play down to G below middle C. This would be fine for two mandolins, mandolin and alto mandola, two violins, flute or soprano recorder [except for the low Bb in measure 29 of the top part - thanks Ellen!] and violin or mandolin, etc. Guitar would sound good on the bottom line also.

The computer generated recording (which sounds pretty good to me) features imitation flute and English horn.

I enjoyed writing out this second part and I can imagine it being included in a sequel to my Midwestern Mandolin Duos book. Find a friend and see what you think.

1 comment:

Ellen Macdonald said...

Hi John,
Alan passed this on to me. I'm trying to play it as a duet with myself, soprano and bass recorders. Measure 29 has a B flat which the soprano can't reach. Lowest note is middle C.

Also need to work on speed, but this is great fun. And lovely played by a computer.
Ellen

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.